Entering sweepstakes is a great hobby that is inexpensive and can be done anywhere with internet connection! It is fun and exciting knowing you have a chance to win something! It’s so easy to enter sweepstakes now. No more filling out 3×5 cards and mailing them. Most sweepstakes allow you to enter online with a click of a button.
Legitimate sweepstakes do not require that you pay anything to enter them or to receive your prize. If a sweepstakes requires a fee do not enter it. There are too many free sweepstakes available to enter so there is no reason to ever pay a fee to enter anything.
Follow these tips to get you started entering and hopefully winning sweepstakes!
Tips For Entering Sweepstakes
1. Read the Rules BEFORE you Enter. Every sweepstakes is different and so are the official rules. Before entering make sure you are eligible to enter and that you follow all the guidelines set forth in the official rules.
2. Enter as Often as Allowed. Some sweepstakes allow only one entry per person and others allow you to enter every day. Read the rules and enter as often as you can.
3. Only Enter to Win Prizes you Want. Don’t enter a sweepstakes for something you don’t want or like. Focus your time on sweepstakes that offer prizes you really would like to win.
4. Enter Sweepstakes that Restrict Entries from Other States. Entering sweepstakes that only allow entrants from certain states narrows the pool of people entering, giving you a better chance at winning.
5. Enter Local Sweepstakes. Don’t forget to enter sweepstakes from your area. Radio and TV stations usually run some kind of promotional sweepstakes to draw in listeners. Also local stores may run sweepstakes to draw potential customers into their store.
6. Look for Short Entry Periods. The shorter the length of the sweepstakes the better. It’s less time for people to enter and may not get as many entries as one lasting for a longer period.
7. Set up a Separate Email for Sweepstakes. You don’t want to use your primary email when entering sweepstakes. Set up a separate email just for entering sweepstakes to avoid any spam. Just remember to check it often in case you get a prize winning email notification!
8. Look for “Opt-Out” Box to Avoid Tons of email. When entering sweepstakes make sure you look for any “opt-out” boxes on the entry form to avoid getting lots of email you don’t want. If you are interested in receiving the newsletters or emails then just click to “opt-in” and you should start receiving them.
9. Look for Instant Win Sweepstakes. Instant win sweepstakes are easy to enter and you know instantly if you won anything. They usually offer more prizes and often have a grand prize you can enter to win also.
10. Enter Unique Code Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes that require a unique code or UPC code typically have fewer entries because you have to buy the product to participate. Look for the special marked packages on items you usually purchase and enter those sweepstakes.
11. Social Media Sweepstakes. Don’t forget Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest sweepstakes. Social media outlets provide lots of great opportunity for entering sweepstakes.
12. Say Thank You if You Win! If you are lucky enough to win a prize be sure and thank the sponsor! Share it on Facebook and twitter and tag the sponsor if allowed. This is great publicity for them and gives them an incentive to have more giveaways.
Remember when entering sweepstakes that if you are the lucky winner of any prize you are financially responsible for any tax liability on the prize. So make sure you can afford the taxes on anything you might win.
Sign up for our Sweepstakes Newsletter so you don’t miss any new sweepstakes to enter! Sign up here.
Be consistent when entering sweepstakes. Enter as often as allowed, follow the rules, think positive and don’t give up!